Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas from New York

Merry Christmas everyone!

I have to say Christmas in New York is pretty exciting. Being the commercial center of the world, New York goes hard when it comes to Christmas. Streets are decorated with snowflakes larger than people, lights are everywhere, and a giant tree is put up in Rockefeller Center. We're criticized for taking the Jesus out of Christmas, but I honestly think that everyone of any religious denomination should be able to take part in it. It's just an all around nice time of the year, and if everyone can be a little bit nicer even for a short span of time, why not let everyone enjoy it? Also, I think Christ was really taken out of Christmas a long time ago when gift-giving became the main point of the holiday. I mean honestly, whose first thought about Christmas is Jesus? Nobody. And you know that's true.

I spent the day with my dad and grandmother, and in the afternoon/evening we drove up to see family friends. At dinner I was seated at a side table with two dudes aged 19 and 21. The conversation was sufficiently awkward, and I unsuccessfully tried to salvage it multiple times. Other than that, event was pretty fun, and it was nice when the crowd thinned out and the only people left were those I had known beforehand. Conversation got a lot easier at that point.

 Other than that, there really is not that much for me to talk about. Emma's party was fun, but it's not something that I could easily talk about, as no one would care and there was just a lot that occurred that's not interesting to put into words. I did not take any pictures because of that. Sorry.  I do, however, have some photos of Christmas cookies my grandmother made, and I will upload them later.

Again, I hope you had a great Christmas! Or if you're not religious, happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment