Wednesday, July 10, 2013

16 should be the new 17

I guess you can call me a thrill-seeker now, considering I tried to sneak into a rated R movie.

Last week, I attempted to go see the The Bling Ring with one of my friends. Since we're both 16, we knew we technically should not have been allowed to go inside (you have to be 17 to see a rated R movie), but often enough the ticket venders actually don't give a crap and will let you go inside anyway without asking for ID. But, of course, this time the ticket vender actually did give a crap. After starting to tear one of our ticket stubs and directing us to our theater, she stopped saying, "oh wait. I need to see your IDs."

Since I am not 17, none of my ID would allow me to see the movie, and since I don't have a fake ID to use either, I realized there was no hope. So, I tried to play it cool: "Does an expired Barnes and Noble membership card count?"

"No. I'm sorry but I can't let you enter the theater"

While I was upset that I got stuck with the one ticket vender in the world who actually gives a shit about her job, I could tell that she felt bad about turning us away, which made me dislike her less. I was able to get a refund, so I guess it's ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment