Sunday, January 27, 2013

January 2013 Round-up

Nothing has really happened recently. I guess that's partly due to the fact that school has been busy since Christmas break ended, but I also think all the excitement of a two-week long break ending sends everything into a lull for a while. You try to get yourself excited about something, anything really, but you can't.

Needless to say I don't have anything interesting to talk about. I haven't been on TV recently, I haven't left the city at all (I don't think I've left New York State since the school year started), and I haven't had an ample amount of time to go out and explore or revisit places I haven't been to in a while. And I don't think whining about school suffices as something of interest to whoever reads this. But if it is, by all means tell me. I promise you I am the #1 complainer in the world! Well, actually, hopefully I'm not. I would like to be remembered for holding different records.

I've requested a decent camera for my birthday this year, and I've volunteered to help pay for it since everything costs a bazillion dollars these days. But I think it'll be useful. I think having a camera will help me see something new and interesting in something that seemed dull or lifeless beforehand and will allow me to capture more moments that I find noteworthy to share. It's very easy to forget something or it's importance, so being able to capture a moment on film will allow me to seal it in my memory. My dad did recently give me a video camera he hadn't touched in 7 years, but I highly doubt the instructions are anywhere nearby and it may not even be compatible with the computer I have. I will attempt to figure out how to use it though, but I am in no way technologically gifted so I cannot guarantee that that will ever happen. It would be interesting to make a video to post here, however, but who knows how long it would actually take to upload... 

On another note, I follow a tennis player named Irina Falconi avidly because she's a brilliant writer. I used to get frustrated with her when she wouldn't post something in a span of a week, but now I understand. It's hard to actually find something to talk about. Also, she's busy making money and being famous and stuff and is undoubtedly exhausted at the end of every day, so it's reasonable that she wouldn't want to hop on the blogosphere as frequently as I desired.


I hope everybody is having a wonderful 2013 so far. I'll write again soon. And maybe I'll have some pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment