Saturday, April 27, 2013

News just in on my phone

So! It's been about 3 weeks.

The mystery of "which asshole stole my phone?" has been solved!

If you don't remember what happened, basically, I was incredibly stupid and left my coat unattended on a chair at the National Tennis Center a couple weeks ago, and one of the cleaning ladies ended up stealing my phone and all of the money in my wallet. Fortunately, she was not too bright either, as she picked up my coat and moved it to a different location while doing this, allowing the management at the tennis center to figure out who stole my shit after I filed a police report. The police ended up getting my phone back, but I needed to buy a new one anyway because the lady seemed to have smashed it with a hammer or something like that.
(maybe she ran it over with a car??)

Anyway, now everything has gotten all official and I got a letter from an assistant to the DA in Queens. I'm part of an official court case! Maybe it'll go on to become one of those iconic Supreme Court Decisions like Brown v. Board of Education or Marbury v. Madison and future American high school students will have to learn about me. Probably not because it's just a minor felony and will be handled in a small court, but anything is possible, right? At least I'll end up getting paid a restitution fee from the lady that clearly broke my phone (she claims it was "like that already").

I'll let you know if I end up going to court.

No comments:

Post a Comment