Saturday, March 30, 2013

Help me, I'm a Recluse

Some jerk-face stole my phone today. I was at the National Tennis Center for a JTT tournament (we have regional championships next month, and I promise to take pictures!) and mistakenly left my coat on a chair when I went to play on the courts. When I came back an hour-and-a-half later, my coat was gone. I eventually found it, only to discover my iPhone was no longer in my coat pocket and all the money was drained from my wallet. I wasn't even comforted by the fact that my team won our match, because only one person from the other team actually showed up, so we won by default.

So I guess you can say it was a pretty fun day.

I've now had to learn how to function with almost no contact with the outside world, and it's proven to be very difficult. I habitually will stick my hand into my pocket to grab my phone and realize it isn't there, and I can no longer call or text people. Taking the train home was very interesting because I actually had to use my imagination to keep myself entertained, rather than listening to music.

Luckily I should be getting a new phone on Monday. I will also be going to file a police report with my father. But I really shouldn't complain because my life could be a lot worse than it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment